Outdoor Venue Complete at Shady Lane Cellars
Shady Lane Cellars in Suttons Bay recently celebrated a grand opening of its new outdoor wine tasting and event venue. Gosling Czubak lead this fast-track design/build project in partnership with RCI and GeoCorp Architecture & Interiors.
In concept, the project aimed to achieve several objectives:
- Development of overall site character to improve the guest experience
- Consider the mechanics of movement, and flow for guests
- Accommodate a larger influx of people seasonally to use the outdoor use spaces
- Evolve supporting elements which generate excitement and a lasting impression
- Create an expanded outdoor patio space with shade pergola and full seasonal bar
The stunning new facility features a custom, open-air, covered 12-seat tasting bar complete with utility services, wet-bar, refrigeration, sound and lighting and featuring an extraordinary granite top. An organic-feeling walkway, patio and landscape spaces complement the original “chicken coop” tasting room and new outdoor tasting bar.
The design/build approach utilized generated cost savings and allowed the project to be completed ahead of the winery’s summer tasting season. The project was completed in just under four months, and is now open and being enjoyed by clientele, attending staff and management alike.
For additional details, continue reading here.