Job Summary: A driller assistant will assist the lead driller in solid stem and hollow stem auger drilling using truck and ATV-mounted drilling rigs. The assistant will help move, set up and operate drilling rigs and related equipment to drill holes for environmental or geotechnical exploration test borings. Site investigation/geotechnical drilling is done to determine the soil characteristics on environmental or future construction sites. Work is outdoors in most weather conditions. The work is generally physically demanding.
- Soil and groundwater sampling at project sites using hollow stem auger and rotary drilling methods.
- Groundwater monitoring well installation.
- Use of hand auger and concrete coring equipment.
- Assisting with mobilization and demobilization of equipment to project sites and gathering necessary supplies.
- Assist driller with maintenance and repairs to drill rig and other equipment.
- Assist drilling with maintenance and organizing of the shop.
- Prepare field notes and soil boring logs.
- Encourage and follow safe work practices at all times for yourself, lead driller, and others.
- Ability to reliably commute daily to our office in Traverse City, Michigan 49686.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- A willingness to work outdoors, all year long.
- A willingness to work flexible hours, sometimes including overtime and extended shifts.
- Ability to routinely lift 75 lbs.
- Mechanical and equipment operation skills preferred.
- Class A or Class B CDL license a plus.
- Must pass company background checks including drug screen.
- Must have an excellent driving record within company standards.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Full time, Monday to Friday.
- Wage range: $22.00 to $26.00, depending on experience and qualifications.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance benefits.
- Generous Paid Time Off policy.
If you wish to join a team of innovative, talented professionals on work that matters, submit your resume or work history to firstname.lastname@example.org.